Welcome to Fort Greene Ville Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) is a non-profit, non-partisan, women’s service organization which was founded in 1890. NSDAR actively supports historic preservation, patriotism and education.
Our chapter took the name “Fort Greene Ville” from a historical site.
During the fall of 1793 and spring of 1794 General Anthony Wayne erected a fort and named it “Greene Ville” in honor of General Nathaniel Greene his friend and fellow officer in the Revolutionary War.
The celebrated “Treaty of Greene Ville” was signed here in 1795. The fort was burned in 1796 and the original plot of the present City of Greenville was laid out on this site in 1808.
The Signing of the Treaty of Greene Ville, 1795 as depicted by Howard Chandler Christy. This painting is hanging in the east stairway of the Rotunda of the Ohio Statehouse.
Fort GreeneVille Chapter DAR is a proud Commemorative Partner of the Vietnam War Commemoration, to learn more about the Commemoration, please visit www.vietnamwar50th.com.
Fort GreeneVille Chapter DAR is not a part of, or endorsed by, the Department of Defense
This site last revised: April 30, 2015